Getting the most out of RMDS Exchange and messaging
Here’s our guide on how to use RMDS Exchange to effectively collaborate and communicate using our new chat feature.
Send files and the messages about them together in the chat.
Get work done
Seek out the opinion and advice from experts to success.
Connect & collaborate
Follow and send messages to your connections for collaboration on projects.
How to Use RMDS Exchange
1. Complete Your RMDS Profile
Creating a top-notch profile should be your first priority on RMDS. Your profile is automatically set as public and can be found by external search engines, so that even people who are not registered with RMDS can see it. Whether you are requesting or offering services, it’s important to make a good first impression.
It’s important to start by clearly defining who you want to meet—your target audience. You need to include your stories in the profile that will encourage your target audience to choose you over others who claim to provide the same or similar products and services. Will other users are encouraged to contact you based on the information he/she finds on your profile?
2. Contact and Connect With Other RMDS Users
RMDS enables you to network with people and professional organizations in your industry. This is a great way to connect, collaborate or get help from others on your project/work.
You can follow anyone to connect and RMDS saves the connections that you make to a list called “Following” under RMDS Community block in your “My Ecosystem” dashboard. This will allow you to easily find and access your connection’s profile to start a chat.
3. Start Talking!
Once you’ve made your connections on RMDS, the chat feature allows you to have real-time conversations. This chat function will allow you to exchange RMDS points and services.
List of Services
Using RMDS Exchange, you can request or offer services to another user such as:
Requesting Services to Other User
Step 1: Go to the user’s dashboard
Step 2: Click on “Ask For Service"
Step 3: You will see a pop up with drop down menu option to choose the service you would like to ask for and offer the number of points you want to send for the desired service. We encourage you to include a message with an introduction about yourself and describe the project you are working on.
Step 4: Click on the “Send” button. You will notice that your message box is automatically created and will be saved in your “Inbox”. Now, just sit back and relax for the user to reply back to you.
Step 5: When the user has replied, you will see a notification when you sign in to RMDS.
6 Ways to Earn RMDS Points
- Create an account on grmds.org and receive 50 points.
- Fulfill the service when you get a request from another user.
- Offer services to others and receive points after you complete the service.
- Purchase your membership to Premium or Elite and receive 500 points.
- Purchase online courses/trainings and receive additional 50 points as a bonus.
- Apply for RMDS Data Science certification and receive 50 points.
How to Check My RMDS Points
Step 1: Sign in and go to your dashboard.
Step 2: Click on “RMDS Points” under “Edit Profile” button, OR find it under your drop down menu below “My Ecosystem” on the right
Step 3: You will be able to see your current RMDS points and recent point activity.
- After you send out the points, the transaction is non-refundable.
- You cannot exchange points for cash/credit.
- We cannot guarantee the response of other or that they will offer services.
- Any request for service will expire after 14 days if there is no response.